Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why "teacherwillappear"?

The universe is full of very interesting things and beings.  I plead guilty to wanting to know what all this stuff does, how it does it and why.  Some folks call this being nosy, some get annoyed at my questions, and some just go along.  Things are another matter; they just are and leave the observer to figure them out.  Come to think of it, a few folks are like that.

Having a very modest understanding of basic science and mathematics, I am able to observe what things do, figure out how a few things work and why.  I take as much pleasure in understanding the natural frequencies of the strings and harmonics of the body of a violin as I do of the fiddle music it can produce.  

People are another matter, and the body of knowledge on how they work and why is growing but still inadequate for complete understanding.   What people do is observable and may or may not be uplifting.

So here I am trying to work the old what, how and why on everything I run across, and sometimes this is easier than others.  I often need help on the harder puzzles and that can arrive in the form of a teacher.  I have accidentally or purposfully ignored some of these teachers and been an eager student of others.  That is when the teacher appears.  For people the teacher might be the person or group themselves, a book or story, or an unrelated observation   For things it might again be the thing itself, writing on like things, youtube, or by a failure of the thing.  

So for me when I become ready to learn something, some method of learning becomes available if I keep my eyes open.  That is how the teacher appears.  


No comments: